Monday, April 25, 2005

The Move From 'H' 'E' Double Hockey Sticks

Well kiddies, I am sure that by now you have all realized the true suckiness of moving, especially the move from Goldstone #101 (since most of you were there). Just wanted to thank all of you for your help in the move from "you know where". I also wanted to give you a taste of the continuing saga in the list format (that is so beloved by bloggers):
1. Had to load up Mel's car so that I could get a load of crap to KittyKat's sister-in-law's house
2. I have my crap spread out over provo - basements, sheds, brother and sister- in-law's houses and basements, Mark's house, my car, the Leath, and the laundry basket I carry around with me everywhere I go (I am such a homeless person), etc.
3. We lost the TV in the move - and by lost I mean it died - split in half to be exact, dropped one too many times.
4. I have my laptop with me, but don't have the cord to plug it into the wall - the battery is dead. (Politicchic and I are blogging on campus - thanks "Jason" for the access to byu's comp systems, nice password)
5. Needless to say I have a new found understanding of homeless people and their situation (I don't understand why they like being homeless, I for one can not stand it!) Don't judge the clothes they wear, maybe they left them in the other basket.
6. Had to get up at 7am to get to school on time and be able to clean up all of my stuff to pack it in the car. (Luckily I just got up from a blessed nap)
7. When I got in the car to leave for school, my car would not start. BUT the radio came on, luckily they were playing my favorite song or I would have lost it.
8. We (politicchic and I) called everyone in the continental US (including CA and VA) to find someone to jump the car (we finally found someone - Leatherby's comes through again) and as expected -
9. The battery was dead - Checker Auto Parts comes through again.
10. I didn't make it to school and I could have made it to my afternoon class, but lets face it after a day like that who wants to sit through anatomy - I sure as heck didn't, so I didn't go.

Luckily, Politicchic has been there to keep me sane and we have watched a lot of "good" movies over the past couple of days. Hallmark and Lifetime continue to get me through those tough times. I feel the loss of our Friends and Freshman (now Sophomores) who have moved away. Having a dirty mind just isn't the same without you, can't wait for the many parties planned for this summer and the kidney shaped pool.

2 Comments:

Blogger smithfieldman said...

Ah moving. Well at least all of your stuff is in one city. I have some of my stuff at my brother's house, some at home and a little with me in DC. I too am without a TV, well I have to walk all the way to the bottom floor to get to it and lets face it, I am lazy and do not want to go all the way down there all the time.

4/25/05, 5:41 PM  
Blogger www.jonpinney.com said...

you know that i've got plenty of space over here. so if you and your cordless laptop ever need a place to rest, you know where to find it

4/26/05, 5:43 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home