Monday, June 23, 2008

Hate

Now, I know that HATE is a strong word. I was brought up in a household where I was not allowed to utter the word (or shut up, sucks, pissed and all four letter words). I could dislike something but not hate it. Well, as I get older and wiser... mostly just older - I realize that I can hate things, I can hate a lot of things. And as days go even further by my tolerance for certain things becomes less and less and less.

*This update is brought to you courtesy of my job and all of the craziness that I put up with - even if it is for a good cause*

And now, a list of basic things I hate in people (well - myself included):

1. Lying - I mean really? Ugh, nothing irks me more than having someone lie to my face. Oh and omitting the truth - still lying and still pisses me off. Granted sometimes it is necessary to fib a little, somtimes it just can't be helped - but doesn't it eat you up inside? It does me - it sucks to have that tiny cricket telling me what is right and wrong. Damn you Jiminy!

2. Hypocrisy - Now, I try not to be hypocritical. And maybe the fact that hypocrisy bothers me so much is hypocritical. But say what you mean, feel and think - don't say something others want to hear or don't want to hear just to do it - or whatever your reason may be. Man up and tell it like it is - it might suck but at least it is the truth.

3. Sneakiness - Now, hypocrisy bites me when it comes to being sneaky as well, but I do make a valiant effort not to be sneaky, so that should count for something, right? But honestly - sneakiness? Skirting around the truth and keeping things a secret? You will be found out. And I wait for the day when all of the skeletons in my closet are found. At least I'm trying not to shove too many more in there!

4. Disrespect - Respect me and I will respect you. Make me lose that respect for you and it may be a long time coming before you get it back. I expect nothing less of everyone else. This is a hard concept to teach people who just don't care - nevertheless, I soldier on...

So, got that off of my chest. Woohoo, does that feel good. Feel free to add to my list - I definately have a more extensive list somewhere... Good times on the ragin' front. Ate mais, peeps!

3 Comments:

Blogger smithfieldman said...

I hate people that annoy me; confessions through e-mail; That's really all the things I can think about that I hate right now.

6/24/08, 8:49 PM  
Blogger brennan said...

I HATE when people misspell the word 'definitely.'

No, seriously though, it's lame when someone complains about someone else who's not around. I guess that's tied in with hypocrisy and sneaking. It just makes me wonder, "what do you say about ME when I'm not around? Cause you act like you're friends with both of us."

6/24/08, 8:50 PM  
Blogger stewedslacker said...

so you hate yourself, and me? jerk!!! I hate lots of things too, in fact, I think I have a large list on my old blog. But right here: I HATE people that lecture others in areas they have no authority in, when classic songs or movies are continued or redone in a terrible manner. When the author of a series I am reading DIES before the end. When... nevermind, this could get quite long.

6/24/08, 9:48 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home