Thursday, December 22, 2005

California...and all of it's wonders...

Well, as the old saying goes - It's good to be home. Things here have been fun so far and not too much stress over the crazy Christmas times. There have been so amazingly long shopping trips, but I think that I am almost done. It's insane how many there are out during the holidays. You know that there are a few hermits out there that only make it out of their house to get their Christmas shopping done! And they all go to this store call Trader Joe's. It's a pretty sweet place with a lot of imported foods and all natural stuff. So Megs and I went off... and to my suprise it wasn't so painful, I mean - I wasn't dead... We had to wait 5 minutes just for a parking space to open up and then it was so packed inside that I though that I had developed claustrophobia (I felt like KittyKatt5000). But all in all after a mere 5 hours of shopping, I feel that I so very close to being done and I also feel like I really got some quality gifts. Have you ever bought a gift for someone and you just aren't sure what they are going to think? Well, I had the luck of actually getting to look and people's Christmas lists this year and get them things that they actually want! What a good feeling! I love being in California and the feeling it gives me! It's like finding gold, at least that's what I image it feels like to find gold! And RAIN!!! No snow!!! I couldn't be happier!!!! Thank Goodness!!!

3 Comments:

Blogger kittykat5000 said...

You know, I am in Idaho right now, and there too is almost no snow on the ground. Although it is a bit colder than it is in Provo. (Yesterday when I left it was a mere 60 degrees. I am glad that you are having a good time. I went to bed last night BEFORE MIDNIGHT!!! And BTW, I am not claustrophobic.

12/23/05, 9:21 PM  
Blogger smithfieldman said...

You know I also went to bed before midnight the other day as well. I think being at home makes me more tired. Well I'm jealous of the California weather

12/27/05, 1:39 PM  
Blogger James said...

There's little snow in my region of Colorado these days too, but there was some when I got here from Tuxson a couple weeks back. I dislike Christmas shopping. I didn't finish until 2 days after Christmas and the presents I bought people, all super gifts, best Shopper EVER! (basically that's me reminiscing about a cool Worst T-Shirt Ever slogan I saw @ hot topic, but lamenting they didn't have my size, colon-open parenthesy.

12/30/05, 5:41 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home