Friday, October 21, 2005

Super Important...

Bet that title caught your attention... but today as I sat at work from where I am once again blogging, I realized that when someone has super important information to tell you and in their phone message tell you to call them as soon as possible, don't you think that if it was really important that they would just tell you in the message and not keep it to themselves? (I like run-on sentences) Must not be so important you might think? But then maybe it is so important that no one but you can them can know the message. Maybe it is so important that it can't be spoken out loud? Maybe it is so important that it can't be recorded on voice mail? Then maybe you just start to imagine all of the crazy senarios in your mind - they found a million dollars or recently discovered a gold mine or found out the date of the end of the world or they are psycic (in which case they should have know that you wouldn't anwer and wouldn't have left such a message).
I know that this sounds really anal and obsessive, but here I sit, mulling over the fact that I can't get ahold of the person who has some "really important" piece of info to tell me and they won't answer their phone... I hope that they found a million dollars or even a billion for that matter and are going to share it with me... and yet here I sit on the verge of millionaire-dome without a clue in the world...

1 Comments:

Blogger smithfieldman said...

Maybe it was important to write it in a note and burn it and then mention the note to a friend during class and not tell him what was inside the note and drive him insane. Maybe it's that important!

10/24/05, 2:23 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home