Monday, April 06, 2009

Lying

Confession time:

There are very few things that I'm really good at in this life. Pretty adequate at quite a few things but nothing too sensational. But I can say that I am one hell of a liar. I'm dead serious - I can lie with the best of them. It's true that I don't have a criminal mind (proven by the apparent anxiety attack that I suffered during the great Phone Book Caper of 2007). I do have a hard time with the fantastical lies for the gulliable but only because they believe the impossible and I just can't keep a straight face :)

It's the little lies that I slip in or lies that I say to protect myself or others - those ones are so easy. So easy - often they are out of my mouth before I even realize it. Those small things that people won't really question because it's not worth the time, not important, just don't care or more often than not - it is what they want to hear anyway.

Lies of omission are my favorite! I absolutely love to give people just enough information to placate them, keep them interested, enough to get them to leave me alone, just enough to keep my secrets (or the secrets of others) safe. I love secrets. I love to have secrets. I love other people's secrets. I love my own secrets. I love to keep secrets.

Now, there are some faithful readers who are thinking, "Wait, she's told me some of her secrets." That may be true. If I have - you only know a part of it. There isn't another person on earth that knows what I know. In the immortal words of celebrity TV diaries: You think you know but you have no idea.

So... let the guessing begin. I was recently very intrigued by the guesses of a friend. I would like to know what others think too! Good Luck.

3 Comments:

Blogger smithfieldman said...

I wonder what the other half of the secret you told me is. Hmm.

4/7/09, 12:45 AM  
Blogger The Rage said...

You've got to guess or I'll never tell ;)

4/7/09, 2:34 AM  
Blogger stewedslacker said...

Lies, secrets? I LOVE knowing secrets. I really do. I feel like I will never be complete until I know every secret. As far as your lies and secrets go... all in good time :)

4/11/09, 8:20 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home