Monday, April 07, 2008

The Bet

I know what you are thinking... another post? Already? That's right. Well, I was chatting with Michele last night and we rehashed The Bet. What bet you ask? That's why I'm blogging again - to let you all know and let you get in on the action because I want to be rich some day! The Bet goes something like this...

If I get married before I'm 35 - I owe Michele $500.
If I don't get married before 35 (I'm thinking never) - Michele owes me $500.
Being engaged doesn't count.

What do you think? Any takers?

Here is some helpful information:

I'm 100% positive I am NEVER getting married and I'm okay with that for the most part.

Michele is,I'm going to say, 100% positive that I AM getting married.

More facts to help you determine the odds (and realize that I'm right):
I don't date
I work all of the time
I shot down the kid at work that tried to kiss me VERY recently (that's another story)
I'm a pessimist to the bone
I'm prickly and unloveable or so I've been told
AND
I don't really care right now

So there you have it. I will take bet confirmations in the comments section of my blog. There is a $500 dollar minimum and $1000 max. I'm excited to see my fortune start to roll in :)

If you need any additional information - let me know.

Edit: Another thing to add to the list - a little help from Michele. And I quote, "You are dumb, dumb as a box of rocks." Thanks Michele, I am that much closer to winning!

4 Comments:

Blogger smithfieldman said...

So M. was saying you were dumb as a box of rocks?

I don't know whether to take this bet or not, because I remember you guys having backup plans by the time you were 30. Just not sure if those backup guys are married yet or not.

BTW I changed the high priority on the text thing, No one else had complained about me.

4/7/08, 11:07 PM  
Blogger Joe said...

I wouldn't dwell in absolutes (only a Sith dwells in absolutes-Star Wars episode III).
Unmarried at 35 is do-able, especially when money is on the line as incentive. I would bet that you may NOT get married by 35,especially if you don't want to, but that you WILL eventually get married. Unfortunatly, I am a poor mo-fo so unless you accept payment in the form of "favors" (with or without a tripod) I cannot financially place a bet.

4/8/08, 11:01 AM  
Blogger The Rage said...

The bet does not have to be paid until I reach 35, obviously. So we got like six years... and yes, I will totally accept "favors" as payment. And no I will not eventually get married, that is a fact. Oh, and there are no back ups. If you would like to be one, please let me know, but it would have to be after I am 35.

4/8/08, 11:59 AM  
Blogger stewedslacker said...

How do we bet again? and who is going to pay me out if I win? I think the whole operation smells fishy...

4/8/08, 2:12 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home