Thursday, September 06, 2007

Rachel Thought - The Giant Strawberry

So, as requested by two of my favorite and most beloved cohorts - Rachel Thought #2: The Giant Strawberry.

This thought is somewhat different from the racing thought. By different I mean that maybe I shouldn't share it because it will make me sound like a total nutter. BUT that has never stopped me before and everyone I care about already knows I'm crazy. So no harm done in the end!

Strawberries are a fabulous fruit. I love when they are in season and often can eat many (and by many I mean thousands, just to clear that up) in just a single sitting. I also enjoy strawberry flavored foods - gum, kool-aid-ish drinks, pie, frosting - I digress, but rest assured that the list goes on. One of my favorite strawberry flavored items are fruit snacks.
A short while back I purchased a box of fruit snacks from my favorite store (the symbol of which is a large red bullseye) and proceeded to enjoy each individual pouch of fake strawberry heaven. One day it was rather warm, as it tends to be during summer, and I found when I ripped open the white plastic packaging that the gelatiny goodness had melted just enough to form one large mildly gooey strawberry flavored mass. Lucky for me, it was melted just to a point that I could still pull each individual little strawberry off of the mass. I was mesmerized and was sure that I was eating the greatest thing EVER! And then my mind went here:

(Michelita was so kind as to tell me that I was certifiably insane and looked at me like I had grown horns like only the true mormons do after sharing this with her)

I decided that it would be amazingly cool if there REAL giant strawberries. Hmm, hold your hands up in front of you about the size of a soccer ball - Now turn the soccer ball into a giant strawberry and there you have it. That is what I imagine and more. More you say? Yes. I think that it would be amazing if you could pull off little individual strawberries (normal size, I guess you cold say) from the giant one. Little ones like the strawberry fruit snacks I was able to pull off large melted mass. Think of the possibilties! I can't really think of any fabulous possibilites, maybe you can, but it would still be so cool.

So there you have it. Rachel's Giant Strawberry thought. It is still one of my more mild ideas, I just don't think that world is ready for the rest of what my genius mind cooks up. But the Giant Strawberry will be one of my greatest achievements.

1 Comments:

Blogger smithfieldman said...

Wow you totally are turning british, dashing, nutter.. really weird. Anyways I would love a giant strawberry. I bet there are some out there already, they already have giant pumpkins.

9/6/07, 5:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home