Monday, September 03, 2007

A Rachel Thought - And Still I Race Alone

A Rachel Thought for those that don't know (I'm sure you are few and far between) is a thought that is crazy, nonsensical and in many cases should never be shared with the general public. I have many of these a day, they keep things interesting. Here is todays thought: I race.

As I was driving home from the gym the other night, I decided a race was in order. That's right, a race. So I sized up the truck next to me - a big Dodge something or other - and decided that I could totally take them. So I did. The light turned green, I was off and running! Then, I WON!!! It was a thrilling victory - who knew my Xterra had it in him. If only the truck had known were racing - it would have made the victory that much sweeter!

Then as I was driving home from work today, I won race after race. I mean, I was truly amazing. That's when it hit me - I race in every single thing that I do, but the person I'm racing never seems to know. I race people in my car, walking down the sidewalk, shopping in the grocery store and it is all unknown to the people around me. The unsuspecting participants and eventual losers in my little entertainment of life.

Then it happened. I was ready for a race. I once again sized up the Hummer next to me and decided it was worth a shot. I mean, it's not like they knew they were racing, right? Wrong. Somehow I became the unsuspecting victim in the race. The light changed - I was off and so was the Hummer and they took me (sorry big X) in .02 seconds flat. At that - I thought it was all over. Luckily in a suprising turn of events - the Hummer was cut off by a blue corolla (no really, it was - shout out to The Nun!). I flew past the Hummer, immediately called the race in my mind and against infintisimal odds - won. All was right in the world.

Since then, I've decided to use more discretion in my races. Keep them to myself, no racing in Provo - everyone already drives like maniacs, why add to it? And most importantly - race to win. So that's it my crazy, mixed-up blog of the day. No coherent thought neccessary. If ya'll are real good I'll share the Rachel Thought about the Giant Strawberry.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Please, Giant Strawberry, PLEASE!

9/4/07, 2:30 PM  
Blogger smithfieldman said...

I also like racing unsuspecting victims. And please blog about the Giant Strawberry

9/4/07, 10:01 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home