Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Don't Question Me...

Have you ever met people that you truly believe are (in the sincerest sense of the work and for lack of a better one) stupid? I'm sure that you have, but lately they seem to be coming out of the wood work. I'm sitting here at work - WORKING - minding my own business when I was suddenly attacked by stupid. A lady just called up and wanted to know pricing, information and if she could schedule a pedicure for tomorrow. I graciously complied and told her our hour pedi starts at $60 or $70 and we have a 1/2 hour that is $45 and explained what each pedi included (nail cutting and painting, exfoliation, massage - the whole nine yards).

She replied, "For a pedicure? I want a pedicure."

I assured her that I was talking about pedicures and yet she didn't seem to grasp the concept. She proceeded to describe to ME (keep in mind I work at the spa she wants to come to and had just told her all about our pedicures) what a pedicure is and what it entails. "A pedicure, you know? (yes, I do) When they clean up your feet and then paint your toe nails? A pedicure."

Once again - I kindly (without losing my cool because I'm that good) reconfirmed that these were our prices for a pedicure. After 20 seconds of silence she decided she was going to have to think about it. What was she doing for those 20 seconds? Blindsided by stupidity. At least she didn't make me explain it to her all over again. That probably would have killed me... and maybe her.

2 Comments:

Blogger smithfieldman said...

So you charge $60 bucks for a pedicure.. (Pause) I'll have to think about it too.

Sounds like you love your job this month.

11/15/06, 7:22 PM  
Blogger sari said...

:) you're cute. and people are stupid.

11/19/06, 9:19 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home